INTERVIEW WITH TRACII GUNS

TRACII GUNS IS A INCREDIBLE L.A. GUITAR PLAYER WHO PLAYS IN GROUPS SO IMPORTANT LIKE L.A. GUNS OR BRIDES OF DESTRUCTION. STILL FORMED IN HOLLYWOOD ROSE, GROUP BEFORE GUNS N´ ROSES.


When you realize that you want to be a rock musician?

I heard whole lotta love when I was six years old. My mom showed me a picture of Jimmy Page soon after and I knew at that moment.





How do you remember your first days on stage?
One of my first performances was at summer camp for about 150 people. My drummer dave melford played on two trash cans. Dani Tull played bass out of a pig nose and I plyed my les Paul through a Zeus practice amp. There was no PA . We played mongoloid by DEVO. It was great!

You are in Guns n' Roses during a time. How was the experience?
I was starving.

Your first album was a very nice surprise for people that loves dirty rock n'  roll. How do you remember these times? (recording process, first concerts like LA Guns...)
For us Phil, Nickey, Mick and Kelly,,, they were dirty rock n roll times... Lots of women and parties. 

The recording was long an boring. We knew the songs perfectly it should have been done in 10 days. The food spread was great. It was the first time we got anywhere on time because of the food.

In my opinion in second album the group was very influenced for classic hard rock than sleazy rock? Personally I love a song like Never enough. What is your opinion about this?
  Ya people seemed to be moved a little more by that record. Less rough and lighter lyrically. Never enough is a good song.



The group has changed of members a few times. Which is in your opinion the best LA Guns line up you have known?
  I liked them all the same during the time of playing with various people. Jizzy is a monster! He is technically the best vocalist lyricist in my opinion.

There is another version of the group leaded by Phil Lewis and Steve Riley. Which is your opinion about this?
  Best of luck to them
You were a member of Brides of destruction. The first album, Here comes the brides, was an intelligent way to understand the new rock, do you enjoy the experience?

  The second record is musically better





How was the relationship with Nikki Sixx and the other members of the band?
  We were like a tank, always together , always laughing or fighting. Perfect chemistry for a rock band

Wich are your principal influences like guitar player?
Jimmy Page
Jimi Hendrix
Randy Rhoads

You also play with Poison. With all respect, it's not the kind of group I expect see you playing guitar (I like Poison but it's very different of L A Guns). Did you enjoy with them?
I enjoyed the people and the money. 

Could you tell us your 5 favourites albums in history?
1. The Song Remains The Same/ Physical Graffiti 
2. Ozzy Tribute
3. Band Of Gypsies
4. Double Live Gonzo
5. Double Live Bootleg
6. Strangers In The Night




Do you want to say anything else?
Long Live Life!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario