INTERVIEW WITH PAUL DI´ANNO

PAUL DI´ANNO WAS THE IRON MAIDEN SINGER IN TWO FIRST CLASIC ALBUMS. YOU CAN SEE THIS INTERVIEW IN OUR NUMBER 14  OF SOUNDS LIKE NEW FANZINE:


1. You have finished now an south american tour, how was the experience?
 
Wonderful as Brazil is my favourite country and the audiences were really fantastic


2. In a few days you start a spanish tour, what do you expect in this tour?
 
I hope it is gonna be a lot of fun as I have not toured in Spain for about 7 years now

3. Wich will be the set list, will have any Maiden songs?
 
That is a secret, but of course I must also include Maiden songs or my fans would kill me

4. Which is your opinion about two albums you sang with Maiden? I think they sounds now very fresh yet. For me are classics...
 
I think Maiden have made 3 classic album and they are the first 3 albums that they made and I am on 2 of them
 


5. I know you'll have answer this question a thousand times!! but... why did you go out of Iron Maiden?
 
I was bored


6. Your voice style is very different than Bruce Dickinson's. What do you think lost and won Maiden with singer change?
 
I have a street voice that sounds like i come from the streets and Bruce has an opera type-trained voice that sounds like he comes from a background of
priviledge and money


7. I interviewed Dennis Stratton for my fanzine two months ago and tell me that Steve Harris is the chief of the band, which is your opinion?


 
Steve Harris was alwasy the "Total" boss of Iron Maiden, as it is all Steve's band and Steve gives all of the orders to everyone


8. Do you mantain contact with any Maiden actual member?
 
Only Clive Burr
 


9. Do you know anything about Clive Burr?
 
Yes, he is very sick


10. Will you edit new music material in a future ?
 
Yes for sure


11. I supose first times in Maiden were very hard, not a lot of money, sleeping in the van, travelling through Great Britain, how do you remember this times?
 
Yes is was very difficult in those early days and without any luxury

12. Which are your principal influences like singer?
 
Bon Scott, Rob Halford


13. Apart two first albums, which is for you the best album of Iron Maiden?
 
The 3rd album

14. What did you feel when you filmed in Maiden's Early Years DVD?
 
Nothing really, as i did it for the fans


15. Is there any new group you like it very much?
 
Not really


16. Do you want to say anything more to my fanzine readers?
 
Heavy Metal !!!     www.pauldianno.com

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario