INTERVIEW WITH JARED JAMES NICHOLS

JARED JAMES NICHOLS

Below, the interview with this great blues guitar player. Enjoy it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First of all, congratulations for your new album, it's a great rock n' roll songs collection, ¿what are your expectations about it?                                   

I'm very excited about this new record! It has been a long time coming and I'm glad to finally be able to share the music all around the world. It won't be long until I am spreading the bluespower all thru Europe.


I am surprised with you way to play guitar, I like very much your classical influences when you play, ¿Which are your main guitar players?                       

I've always loved and had a deep appreciation for the blues players. I listen to so many players.. Albert, BB, and Freddie King are endless source of inspiration. I have always loved the music of Stevie Ray Vaughan and Jimi Hendrix. Basically anybody who plays from the heart and really means it.

How were the sessions recording for the album? Was recording track by track or with all instruments together?          

The sessions for the album were very natural and laid back. We didn't rush anything and took our time. We set up and played our material as if we are playing a show, all live, and all together. It was loud! After we were satisfied with the tracks, we came back and recorded vocals and a few guitar overdubs.

You also have publicated an EP tittled Live at the Viper Room, did you like the result of this album?                            

That was a fun recording to make! We were playing a gig at the Viper Room in Hollywood, CA and we decided to record it. After the show, I listened back and really liked what I heard. We decided to release it as our first EP. It is just as it sounds, no edits, just us playing our asses off. Most of the time I think recordings are better off that way!

What kind equipment (guitar, amps pedals...) do you use on stage?                  

I tend to keep things pretty easy and straight forward.  I have always used Gibson guitars, and right now I am playing my prized vintage Les Paul Custom I named "Old Glory". I also use Seymour Duncan pickups and D'addario strings for the best tones possible. For amps, I play Blackstar Series One 50watt rigs, with T-Rex effect pedals on my board. Straight up BIG TONE!

In a little time you will do in an european tour and you will be in Spain, what do you expect for this shows? 

These shows are going to be amazing, high energy, bluespower. I want to make sure to leave fans of blues-rock something to remember. I will be going for it, every night.

Which are your composition method? 

Usually, I will come up with a riff or an idea and jam on it, I don't try to come up with fancy things or technically hard things to play to impress people. It's mainly just whatever I'm hearing in my head. If I create something I really like, I'll bring it to the band and we will feel it out, jam on it, and see if it is a strong enough idea.

Which are the themes you speak in your lyrics about?                                           

I write about things that happen in everyday life. Joy, pain and everything in between. Honestly,  it's easier for me to write about things that I'm going through in my life, rather then to make up scenarios or act out lyrics. Sometimes I will start writing and not stop until I've expressed myself. I just let it happen on it own and not force it.

You have shared the stage with people so important like Buddy Guy and Big Jim Johnson, how was the experience?           

It is an amazing experience to share the stage with some of my heroes, and biggest influences in my life. My personal favorite was when I got to spend time with the late Honeyboy Edwards, he shared stories about playing with Robert Johnson and we actually jammed some songs that he used to play with Robert. It was an unreal feeling.

In your opinion, how do you see actual blues rock scene?                    

Blues-rock is here to stay. As long as there are great artists / live bands playing this style it will live forever. It is great to see a resurgence other young musicians getting into the blues and classic rock. You can see they are in it for the right reasons, because they love this music.

In last years you have won several awards like Les Paul tribute contest or Jerry Horton guitar contest, I supose this have been a great promotion for you and your career, true?                                           

I love to push myself with music. Competitions are great way of challenging yourself and trying to be the best you can be. It has been great as well to meet so many people in the music industry through the competitions, as well as other great players. I won the Les Paul guitar contest a few days after I moved to Los Angeles, and it really kick started my career.

If you want to choose the best decade in history of music, which will be it? 

It would have to be the 60's. Especially 1966-1976. It is mind blowing how much great music came out during that time.

Do you want to say anything more? 

We are very excited to take the bluespower to Europe and especially Spain. Get ready! Old Glory & The Wild Revival is coming to a venue near you!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario